Be careful of construction

Not sure if I cud have had better luck. On sat. a heavy 2 feet thick angle iron fell off 6th floor of a building under construction (while returning from vidyarthi bhawan in gandhinagar - this place is famous for dosa) and just missed my head and my daughter in my hands. I was 12-15 feet away from the building, right on the edge of the very wide footpath closer to road.It bruised my left hand and right leg heavily. Has there be a few inch diff, I would have dropped dead at the place. The owner and contractor did not turn up and the police van came within 2 min (the most surprising event), they so professionally did the whole thing,,,i am very amazed Many cheers to them. Took me for medical attention, then to the PS, where building staff was already hauled up. I decided not to file a case but asked them to write an apologoy and to confirm that they wud take all preventive and safety (net is a must for all construction) measures in future. I also asked the contractor to donate the money i spent for medical attention to some charity (the PS did not have a benevolent fund kind of thing....) I am very happy with the attention, politeness, professionalism of the police. (Basavangudi PS)

Moral of the story: Walk very cautiously and far away from a construction site. (I still can not understand how this heavy object flew 12-15+ feet away")nav

No comments: