Complaint #1

Anupam S wrote:
On 29-sep-07, I had parked my M800 car in front of Hebbal Crematorium in the kutcha part beyond the carriage width of the road. And there is no No-Parking sign there. When we came back, a police jeep was collecting fines there. They claimed that entire stretch has been made no-parking. I had to spend about 10 minutes politely witht the lady officer sitting in the jeep. My contention was that traffic police cannot collect fine if the No parking sign is not there on the road. I have a photo of the police jeep and my car taken to prove my point. The air had been removed from tyres of my car. Police denied having done it. Other suspect is the parking staff of Esteem Mall who would called police because people are not using their parking after they put exorbitant parking charges of Rs 20-60 in their basement parking.

The other point is that other No-Parking sign in Bangalore are not carrying the distance in feet or meters for the applicability of this sign put by traffic police. It cannot be infinitely applicable beyond a distance it is not visible beyond 50m or a turn.And when such signs are put up by the shopkeepers themselves, are these valid?

Does the traffic police need training on rules or is it due to some other interests?

2 comments:

Improve Bangalore Traffic said...

Anupam,

Can you please post your contact details. ( You can also email us if you dont want to disclose on the forum)

Thanks. Together we will make a difference.

improve traffic team.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for the information